Cheraw & Darlington

The road was chartered in 1849; construction began in 1853 and was completed in 1856. This was a minor road, serving the farming area of northeastern South Carolina. It moved its southern termination from Darlington to Florence, during construction, in order to make a direct connection with the Northeastern Railroad into Charleston. It also met the Wilmington & Manchester at Florence.  
Black's Number 26 (map) (map)
Track 40 miles of 5 foot gauge 50# T-rail
Locomotives 4; 4 names
Cars 47
Stations 6
Officers Some
Annual Reports
9-1-61 President
9-1-61 Superintendent
Significant Documents