Winchester & Alabama

The Tennessee legislature chartered this road in 1850. Construction started in 1858 and completed a line from Decherd, Tennessee to Fayetteville, Tennessee in 1859. It was intended to connect to the Tennessee & Cossa RR at Gunter's Landing, Ala. and then to the Alabama & Tennessee River RR. The finished road would have been 70 miles long. The road went into receivership in 1861.
Black's Number 69 (map) (map)
Track 38 miles of 5 foot gauge of 56# T-rails
Locomotives 1; 1 name
Cars Unknown
Stations 5
Significant Documents

Home