Tuckahoe & James River

This road, just to the west of Richmond, connected the Tuckahoe coal fields to the James River Canal. When built, it was mule powered; the date of conversion to steam locomotives is unknown, but they were eventually used. The Confederate government gave conscription exemptions to several of the road's employees in 1864. The road was still in operation in the 1890's.
Black's Number Not listed (map)
Track 5 miles; gauge, type and weight unknown
Locomotives Unknown
Cars Unknown
Stations 2
Officers 1