Pensacola & Mobile

The road was chartered in February of 1861 and immediately bought out the just-completed Perdido & Junction Railroad. The road ran from new saw mills and turpentine stills on and near the Perdido River to a junction with the Florida & Alabama (of Florida) Railroad about 14 miles north of Pensacola. All machinery, rolling stock and rails were seized by the Confederate government for use on more important roads.
Black's Number Not Listed
Track 6 miles of 5 foot gauge of type and unknown weight
Locomotives Unknown
Cars Unknown
Stations 2
Officers Superintendent
Significant Documents
NA, P&M 10-31-61
NA, P&M 11-30-61
NA, P&M 11-30A-61
NA, P&M 2-8-62
NA, P&M 3-7-62
AL, P&M 5-20-62
NA, ENG 3-28-63
NA, ENG 11-20A-63

Home