Houston Tap & Brazoria

The road was chartered in 1856, with the right to acquire the 7 miles of the previously completed Houston Tap Railroad. The expanded road stopped construction in 1860, with grading almost complete to Wharton, its projected end (a total of 88 miles in length). The western portion of the road had been the Sugar Road, prior to merging in 1858.
Black's Number 103 (map) (map)
Track 50 miles of 4 foot 8 inch gauge, 60# T-rail on the first 7 miles and 56# T-rail on the rest
Locomotives 2; 2 names
Cars 35
Stations 8
Bridges First 3
Officers Few
Employees 1860
Significant Documents
NP, HT 1-1C-61
NP, HT 2-5B-61
NP, HT 2-12B-61
NP, HT 2-12C-61
NP, GTN 2-19-61
NP, HT 3-21A-61
NP, HT 4-9-61
NP, HT 4-9A-61
NP, HT 4-23-61
NP, GCGW 5-21-61
NP, CDP 8-13-61
NP, CDP 8-13A-61
NP, HT 12-18-61
NA, DT 5-12-62
NP, HT 6-13-62
NP, HT 7-14-62
NP, HT 7-30A-62
NP, HT 8-21-61
NP, HT 10-1-62
NP, MM 11-30-62
NP, HT 12-17-62
NA, RR 12-20-62
NA, HT&B 8-5-63
NA, HT&B 8-8-63
NA, HT&B 8-15-63
NA, HT&B 8-15A-63
NA, HT&B 8-31-63
NA, HT&B 9-2-63
NA, TX 9-12-63
NA, DT 10-6-63
NA, RRB 10-24-63
NA, DT 11-19-63
NA, RRB 11-21-63
OR Series 1, Vol. 26, Part 2, Page 527
NP, GDN 2-23-65

Home