NP, RD 8/20/1861

From the Richmond Daily Dispatch
August 20, 1861
Very Convenient
   Two first-class passenger engines were brought to this city last Saturdaynight by the Virginia Central Railroad, and are now at their shops. They were taken from the Alexandria, Loudoun & Hampshire Railway. One is named after the President of that road, Lewis McKenzie, and the other Charles P. Manning. They are about twenty-seven ton engines, fifteen-inch cylinder, twenty-two inch stroke, with five feet drivers, and were built by William Mason, Taunton, Massachusetts. We learn also that three engines of the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad are now on the way to Richmond. A number of the Baltimore & Ohio cars have been in use by the Central Road for some days past; and, if the troubles continue, we will expect to see very soon the greater part of the rolling stock on our road composed of this kind of contraband.