Blue Ridge (of Virginia)

This road was chartered in 1849 and completed in 1854. It was owned by the State of Virginia in the midst of the Virginia Central Railroad. That road was paying off the cost of the construction of the  Blue Ridge Railroad and would have owned it when the cost was paid. The section involved was from Mechum's River to Waynesborough. 
Black's Number Not listed (included in 5) (map)
Track 17 miles of 4 foot 8 inch gauge; type and weight included in Virginia Central data
Locomotives None
Cars None
Stations In Virginia Central data
Tunnels

Home